The AA Solar Akaroa 2-3 Bedroom Off-Grid Solar System suits a family home or Bach with average power and energy needs. Who uses gas for cooking, gas hot-water and ideally wood or gas fire to warm their home in the winter. This System enables you to run the usual household appliances. It even offers the capacity to run several kitchen appliances at once, whilst also doing the vacuuming and a load of washing.
This System is designed for situations where daily power usage does not exceed 6-8kWh.
Every Kitset includes a free consultation with a Solar Engineer, this call can be used to help with selecting the kit/Customisation or advice with respect to installation and certification.
- Fully integrated Off-Grid power System (can be offered as a prewired panel upon request)
- 11x Solar Panel Silver 455W PERC Half Cell
- Tilt mounting kit
- Solar Controller
- RCC-02 Remote Control
- Xcom-Can Multi-protocol Communication module
- 4x US2000 Lithium Batteries
- Outdoor Cabinet
- Comprehensive Installation kit: fuses, cables, adjustable pitch mounting system, clips, screws etc. (Refer to our website for a complete list of inclusions)
- A complete set of documentation for electrical registration and sign-off
Tell Me More:
Akaroa 2-3 Bedroom Off-Grid Solar Kitset is the ideal System for people expecting to use an average of 6-8kWh/day and where the amount of load required is 4kVA continuous (30min) and up to 10.5kVA 5sec peak (values at 25°C).
It comes with a 5.00kW solar array and a 9.6KWh battery bank.
At the heart of this Off-Grid System is an inverter/charger that provides a central unit to monitor and control all aspects of the System. We also include conduits, cables and miscellaneous items for the System that comply with AS/NZ Standards (refer to our website for details).
This System is supplied with an outdoor battery cabinet so the battery bank can be installed outdoors. The remainder of the equipment is best suited for indoor installations, which can be supplied prewired on an installation panel upon request. AA Solar customise Solar Kitsets to suit your specific power needs and location.
How Much Power Will I Have?
Your System has eleven panels, the 5.0kW solar arrays’ average days’ power production will be between 8-10kWh in winter and up to 17-23kWh in summer.
We highly recommend increasing your days’ autonomy from one day’s reserve to cover those dull stormy days. We can add more panels to your System and upgrade the battery bank (see Popular Upgrades).
Pro Tip: For year-round living, we highly recommend adding an auto-start generator. Provide backup power during periods when the weather is bad and your total solar generation is not enough to cover your energy needs and keep your battery bank full.
What Can Be Powered?
All the power requirements of a typical tiny home with gas cooking and hot water. Provided the total power drawn at any one time does not exceed 3.5kVA continuous and 4KVA for 30 minutes.
- Medium fridge/freezer°
- Water pump
- Internet, laptops, phone chargers
- Suitable washing machine°
- All small appliances such as jug, toaster, microwave create variable loads; please discuss planned usage with your trusted AA Solar Engineer. The key is to ensure they are not all used at once. Keep in mind that you have a total of 3.5kVA continuous, 4kVA for 30mins, and 10.5kVA for 5sec (values at 25°C) available.
Note: AC loads must stay within the inverter’s limitations.
- PV modules – Twenty Five-year linear power and Ten-year material & workmanship
- Inverter/charger – Ten-years
- Charger Controller – Ten-years
- Battery – Ten-years
- Mounting System – Ten-years
* We will provide a detailed estimate tailored for your specific needs; prices are an indication. They are subject to change due to customisation, shipping, or supplier price changes. All PV generation figures are Auckland based, with PV modules facing True-North pitch without shading. No system installation, inspection, commissioning, and maintenance allowance in this kit price. Installations shall be in accordance with NZ law, regulations and associated standards. Systems are wired to the main distribution board. It is highly recommended that any system with less than four days of autonomy have an auto-start generator installed.
** For Off-Grid PV Systems the way you use power throughout the year and over a 24hr period will alter the system performance. Normalised profiles have been used to provide kitset examples.
All systems can be tailored to your individual needs by our highly qualified solar engineers. Our most common upgrades provide backup power for low light days.
|One Day Autonomy||Two Day Autonomy||Four Day Autonomy|
|$28,600* inc GST||$38,000* inc GST||$60,400* inc GST|