The VarioString Series MPPT Solar Charge Controllers is comprised of 2 models of MPPT solar charge controllers with 70A or 120A battery charge current for 48V batteries.
The devices have one (VS-70) or two (VS120) MPPT inputs to connect PV modules and due to the use of transformers, have full isolation between PV and battery circuits. When connected independently or in parallel, the MPPT inputs allow for a PV cvoltage range of 200 to 600V. The VS-120, with its MPPT inputs connected in series, provides the option of a PV voltage from 400 to 900V.
VarioString Series MPPT Solar Charge Controllers Main Features:
- Reduces Balance of System costs (eliminates expensive wiring for parallel strings, saving wires, connectors, junction boxes, fuses, space, time, etc.)
- Safe, simple and trouble free connection with SUNCLIX™ (Phoenix Contact “tool free”) PV connector
- Fully protected against incorrect wiring
- Grounding system fault detection
- Fast, precise, best in class tracking algorithim brings MPPT efficiency >99.8%
- Safety guaranteed, due to the reinforced isolation between the PV generator and battery and between the two PV inputs of the VS-120. This allows for independent earthing of the battery and/or solar modules
- World champion for efficiency in isolated converter with >98 % conversion efficiency
- 7kW per unit and up to 15 units in parallel: 105kW
- 4 step charger fully programmable for longer battery life
- 9 LEDs to monitor status and current
- Optimal usage in an Xtender system with synchronised battery management
- Full display, configuration and data acquisition with RCC-02/03 and/or via the internet with the Xcom LAN/Xcom-GSM or via SMS with Xcom-SMS
|MPPT||MPPT 1 or 2||1 + 2 in parallel||1 + 2 in series|
|Max. Solar Power||4000 W||3500 W||7000 W||7000 W|
|Max. PV Current||13 A||13 A||26 A||13 A|
|Max. Open Circuit voltage||600 V||600 V||600 V||900 V|
|Min. functional circuit voltage||200 V||200 V||200 V||400 V|
|Recommended MPPT Voltage||250-500 V||250-500 V||250-500 V||500-750 V|
|Max. output current||70 A||60 A||120 A||120 A|
|Battery voltage||48 V nom. (38-68 v)|
An exceptional device
The installation costs of the solar generator are significantly reduced thanks to the elevated PV input voltage range. It is this unique characteristic that permitted the VarioString to win the internationally renowned “Solar Award” in the category “BOS”, Balance Of System.
Despite the conversion from a high voltage solar (600-900V) to 48V battery voltage, and galvanic isolation between the PV and battery, the VarioString achieves an efficiency >98%: the highest efficiency in the world in its category.
The VarioString is designed to be used in all types of solar systems, and the combination of the VarioString + Xtender results in a highly efficient system. The communication between the devices permits the synchronisation of the battery charge cycle regardless of the technology (lead acid, lithium, nickel, etc). Unlike other all-in-one hybrid solutions, the VarioTrack + Xtender allows to independently select the appropriate capacity of solar PV and inverter/charger, resulting in a more finely tuned system design.
Display and programming possibilities
The VarioString is fitted with several indicator lights and a control button for its basic operations. It is also possible to do basic programming using the DIP switches situated inside the device.
By adding a remote control and programming center RCC-02/-03, the VarioString series can use all functions available in the remote control such as display, programming, data logging.
Manufacturers Specifications & Certificates