The AA Solar Kaikoura One Bedroom Off-Grid Solar System is perfect for small lodgings such as tiny homes, sleep outs, and granny flats (used either part-time or fulltime). It is the ideal System for people where the power requirement is for LED lights, a small efficient fridge-freezer, and phones and laptops. You can also use small appliances such as a jug, toaster, and microwave provided the maximum draw does not exceed 4000W. And you will have enough power to run a vacuum cleaner during the day, and a washing machine on sunny days.
If you need more power (total kWh) or additional backup power, we can add more panels to your System and upgrade the battery bank (see Popular Upgrades).
Every Kitset includes a free consultation with a Solar Engineer, this call can be used to help with selecting the kitset/Customisation or advice with respect to installation and certification.
- Fully integrated Off-Grid Power System (can be offered as a prewired panel upon request)
- 8x Solar Panels Silver 410W PERC Half Cell
- 12 x -12V Batteries
- Tilt mounting kit
- Comprehensive Installation kit: fuses, cables, adjustable pitch mounting system, clips, screws etc. (Refer to our website for a complete list of inclusions)
- A complete set of documentation for electrical registration and sigh-off
Tell Me More:
The Kaikoura One Bedroom Off-Grid Solar Kitset, is ideal for situations requiring an average 3-4.5kWh of power a day. And where
daily power usage does not exceed 4.5-6.5kWh, and the amount of load needed is 4kVA continuous and up to 8kVA 5sec peak (values at 25°C).
It comes with a 3.28kW solar array and a 14.4KWh battery bank.
At the heart of this Off-Grid System is the inverter/charger that provides a central unit to monitor and control all aspects of the System. We also include conduits, cables and miscellaneous items for the System that comply with AS/NZ Standards (refer to our website for details). This System is best suited for indoor installations and can be supplied prewired on an installation panel upon request. AA Solar customise Solar Kitsets to suit your specific power needs and location.
How Much Power Will I Have?
Your System has eight panels, the 3.28kW solar arrays’ average daily power production will be between 5-8kWh in winter and up to 12-15kWh in summer.
Pro Tip: For year-round living, we highly recommend adding an auto-start generator. To provide backup power during periods when the weather is bad, and your total solar generation is not enough to cover your energy needs and keep your battery bank full.
What Can Be Powered?
This System can meet all the power requirements of a typical tiny home with gas cooking and hot water up to 4kW continuous demand.
- Water pump°
- Small Dometic fridge/freezer°
- Internet, laptops, phone chargers
- Suitable washing machine°
- And all small appliances such as a jug, toaster, and microwave with a maximum power rating under 1,500W. Do remember not to use all appliances at once. You have a total of 4kW continuous, 5kW for 15mins, and 8kW for 5sec (values at 25°C) available.
This System can not support high wattage equipment such as electric induction cooking and ovens.
Note: AC loads must stay within the inverter’s limitations.
° = Energy efficient
- PV modules – Twenty Five-year linear power and ten-year material & workmanship
- Inverter/charger – Two-years
- Battery – Five-years
- Mounting System – Ten-Years
*All PV generation figures are Auckland based with PV modules facing True-North pitch without shading. No system installation, inspection, commissioning, and maintenance allowance in this kit price. Installations shall be in accordance with NZ law, regulations and associated standards. Systems are wired to the main distribution board. It is highly recommended that any system with less than four days autonomy should have an auto-start generator installed.
^ For Off-Grid PV Systems the way you use power throughout the year and over a 24hr period will alter the system performance. Normalised profiles have been used to provide kitset examples.