The first step to correctly specifiying a robust solar system, is understanding your energy needs and to correctly specify the right solar system for you.
Understanding Your Energy Needs:
A solar Specialist takes into account a broad range of factors including:
- Size of the Berth or boat
- The number of people that are likely to be using the camper/boat at the same time
- How long each camping/boating trip is likely to be, i.e. weekends, a few weeks at a time, a couple of months or year-round.
- The distance and frequency of travel, i.e. are you planning on touring New Zealand or travel to a lake and park for the summer?
- Where are you planning to camp, i.e. Freedom or holiday park, Southland or Northland?
- Time of year: Summer only, Spring through Autumn, Year-round
The Solar Engineer takes this understanding your energy needs to design a system to support all your electricity needs. They also build the system to enable flexibility and robustness should your needs change.