The VCC range charge converter from German leisure electronics specialist Votronic is a compact and lightweight battery-to-battery (DC-DC) charger designed to charge your leisure battery from your alternator whilst on the move. The highly efficient charging technology means that better use can be made of the alternator’s charging capability (up to 50A can be passed), resulting in significantly reduced charging times and more complete charging. Even during short journeys a high level of recharge is possible, with a deep and full recharge achieved during longer journeys. Alternator voltage fluctuations and surge currents are eliminated which protects your leisure battery and connected consumers from harm, and the multi-stage charging profiles ensure your battery can never be over-charged. It features fully automatic operation and the starter and leisure batteries are electrically isolated when the vehicle’s engine is off, ensuring you cannot drain one battery from the other.
It can be fitted to vehicles with either standard or Euro 6 ‘smart’ alternators and the selectable charging profiles mean it can be used with any type of lead-acid battery, as well as lithium LiFePO4 batteries. The Integrated Vehicle Power Supply Filter ensures that parallel charging sources (e.g. battery chargers, solar, generators etc.) can be used on the same battery without any issues and the unit can trickle charge your starter battery with a small ‘bypass’ current when your leisure battery is connected to a mains-powered charger. A battery temperature sensor is also included that can be used to optimise the charging voltages based on the ambient temperature.
Features of VCC Range Charge Converter
- High charging capacity, already within short distances
- Significantly improved energy balance of the supply circuit
- Outstanding protection of the supply battery and the connected consumers against sometimes very strong voltage fluctuations of dynamically controlled dynamos of newer vehicles
- During longer distances, the IU1oU2 charging technology achieves full charging and overcharging is reliably excluded
- Optimised characteristic lines of charging adjustable for 4 battery types by battery selector switch (acid, gel, two times AGM)
- Automatic, adjustable power control giving priority to charging of the starter battery by the dynamo in case of strong loaded vehicle mains to ensure that the vehicle can be started at any time
- In case of simultaneous consumption during parallel and floating operation, charging of the battery is continued or trickle charging is effected. Calculation and control of the adaptation of the charging time is effected automatically by the charging converter
- The integrated temperature compensation automatically ensures the individual adaptation of the charging voltage to the battery temperature independently of the dynamo. Battery temperature sensor, Art.-No 2001, is required
- Simple installation, no interventions in the starter circuit required. The unit is switched into the charging cable to the supply battery
- The connection of a Remote Control S, Art.-No. 2075, or Remote Indicator IP67, Art.-No. 2081, or Charger State Monitor IP67, Art.-No. 2082, plug-in type, is provided and can easily be realised
- Also suitable for an operation with EBL (electroblock) and EVS (only VCC 1212-25 and VCC 1212-45 IUoU)
- Integrated on-board mains suppression filter ensures unproblematic parallel operation of solar systems, mains chargers and other charging sources at one battery
- Galvanic isolation between input and output ensures absolute separation of the battery circuits for outstanding suppression of failures, for neat ground ratio on both sides, also with long supply cables, safety in case of failure (puncture 12 V/24 V or 24 V/12 V is not possible) and reliably avoids undesirable back discharge of the battery circuits
- Control input for fully automatic controlled operation (ignition, D+ motor running) or optionally manual control by remote switch
- If required, the measuring input allows a pure voltage control of the unit
- The application range of the unit also covers perfect battery charging in great distance of the dynamo in large vehicles, trailers, supply containers etc.
VCC Range Charge Converter Technical Details:
|Unit type||MPN||Input Voltage
max. Current (V/A)
|Charging Capacity (V/A)||Battery Capacity
of Charging (adjustable)
|AGM 1, AGM 2||LiFePO4|
|B2B Charging Converters without galvanically isolation|
|VCC 1212-20 C||3321||12V (10.5-16.5) 20A||12 / 24||50 – 160 / 200||Y||Y||A|
|VCC 1212-30||3324||12V (10,5-16,5) 39A||12 / 30||60 – 200 / 260||Y||Y||A|
|VCC 1212-50||3326||12V (10,5-16,5) 68A||12 / 50||75 – 320 / 440||Y||4-fold||B|
|VCC 1212-70||3328||12V (10,5-16,5) 95A||12 / 70||100 – 460 / 620||Y||4-fold||B|
|VCC 1212-90||3329||12V (10,5-16,5) 125A||12 / 90||150 – 600 / 800||Y||4-fold||B|
|B2B Charging Converters with galvanically isolation|
|VCC 1212-25 IUoULi||3306||12V (11-16) 37A||12 / 25||50 – 170 / 220||Y||Y||C|
|VCC 1212-45 IUoU-Li||3308||12V (11-16) 63A||12 / 45||90 – 300 / 400||Y||Y||C|
|VCC 1212-45 Li||3307||12V (11-16) 63A||12/ 45||90 – 300 / 400||–||4-fold||C|
|VCC 1224-25 IUoU||3311||12V (11-16) 68A||24 / 25||50 – 170 / 220||Y||–||C|
|VCC 2424-25 IUoU||3313||24V (22-32) 33A||24 / 25||50 – 170 / 220||Y||–||C|
|VCC 2412-25 IUoU-Li||3314||24V (22-32) 18A||12 / 25||50 – 170 / 220||Y||Y||C|
|VCC 2412-45 IUoU-Li||3315||24V (22-32) 30A||12 / 45||90 – 300 / 400||Y||Y||C|
|VCC 2412-45 Li||3309||24V (22-32) 30A||12 / 45||90 – 300 / 400||–||4-fold||C|
|Gel: Charging Program for Gel Batteries, Characteristic Line IU1oU2
Adapted to closed, gas-tight gel/dryfit batteries with determined electrolyte, which are generally requiring a higher charging voltage level and longer dwell times U1 to achieve short charging times with particularly high capacity storage and to avoid total discharge. Also recommended for EXIDE MAXXIMA a high-current battery in AGM filament technology.
|AGM: Charging Program for AGM/Fleece Batteries, Characteristic Line IU1oU2
Adapted to charging closed, gas-tight AGM (absorbed glass mat) batteries and batteries in lead-fleece technology requiring a particularly high level U1 with adapted dwell times for full charging and after that a moderate level U2 for trickle charge (round cell and plate technology).
|UNIVERSAL: Charging Program for Lead, Acid/Lead-Acid Batteries: Characteristic Line IU1oU2
Universal program for charging and conservation of charge of acid batteries in vehicles (mixed operation mobile/stationary). Still offers short charging times, good charging factor and good acid mixing with average level U1 for open and closed, low-maintenance, maintenance-free standard, drive, lighting, solar and heavy duty batteries.
|LiFePO4: Charging Program for Lithium Batteries, Characteristic Line IU1oU2
Charging program for lithium LiFePO4 batteries with completely integrated electronic system and safety circuit (BMS).
Remote Control S, Remote Indicator IP67, Temperature Sensor 825, Charger State Monitor IP67