Solar for Telecommunication applications is in hot demand. Because solar has proven to be cheap to own, run and maintain. It is quickly becoming the first choice for reliable, efficient telecommunications, particularly in remote locations.
Why Off-Grid Solar is used for Telecommunications:
- Cheaper than connecting to the electricity grid.
- Solar is cheaper and cleaner to install and run than fuel generators.
- It is also incredibly low maintenance, there are no moving parts, and never needs refueling
- The solar systems are then sized to meet the specific power needs of the device and location.
Typical Telecommunication Applications:
- Phone and Data Switches
- Monitoring Equipment
Designing A Solar System to Support Telecommunications:
The key is to work with an experienced off-grid solar engineer who can assess your power needs, and the location of the installation. Then design the system and source the best components to carry out the task. Who will then install or provide the necessary information for self-installation.
- The first step is to analyse the load and where it will be installed. This then defines how much power is needed in amps per hour per day.
- System Design – Includes: specifying the right components and installation angle/mounting to deliver 20% greater power than needed under the least favourable conditions expected (depth of winter). It also includes selecting a backup power source of 5+ days and specifying the right system controller to enable remote monitoring and ongoing battery health.
- Installation Support
- Ongoing Monitoring
- Solar Panels
- MPPT Charge Controller
- Wiring and mounting components
With remote powered telecommunications installations, what matters most is efficiency and reliability. Efficiency is paramount for systems that need as much autonomy as possible to get through long stretches without human contact. So when you need the complex made easy, make sure you get expert advice and ongoing support.