The wonderful team at Select Caravans asked us to complete the electrical re-wiring and solar installation on a new caravan imported from the USA. After an initial meeting and assessment, the caravan was delivered to the newly upgraded AA Solar workshop. Our team of electrical and solar engineers installed two large solar panels with dual controllers with a lithium battery bank and high powered inverter, which we sized and specified based on the caravan owners expected electrical load and their location.
In addition to the underfloor equipment, we installed remote monitoring and an interface for the controllers enabling the caravan owner to interact with the system easily from inside.
Our task was to ensure the caravan was rewired to meet NZ Standards and enable Caravan owners to live onboard and freedom camp year-round. The re-wiring also included connections to the vehicle’s lighting and NZ appliances.
- 2x 330W Half Cut Mono Photovoltaic Solar Panels
- 2x AA Champion 12V 100Ah Smart Battery with BMS and Bluetooth
- IPower Plus Pure Sine Wave Inverter 2000W/12V Epsolar
- LCD200S Battery Computer by Votronic (200A Shunt)
- CR200LM 12/24V VDC 200A Solenoid TBB
- Trident BS1225 2 Port Mains Charger with Temp. Sensor 12VDC 25A TBB
- 2 X Tracer 3210AN MPPT 30A Solar Charge Controller 12/24V Epsolar
Our sincere thanks to to David Sharp and his team at Select Caravan’s.