Brian was looking to turn his RV into a Mobile Photography Studio. He owns the highly successful “Chilli Pepper Studio” a photographer and videographer who travels all over New Zealand for commercial projects, Fashion shoots and Weddings. Brian approached AA Solar to design and install a solar solution suitable to support his RV that he uses effectively as a mobile office. We needed to ensure he had enough power to charge his cameras, drones and laptops wherever he was in the country year-round.
Specifically, Brian was looking to power two laptops, a drone with a 38W Battery, a 145L fridge, LED Lights and a water pump.
The key challenges we faced were:
- The limited roof space available to meet his power needs
- The need to charge the drone and cameras
- The need for guaranteed year-round power
He already had relatively new batteries, so these formed the starting point for the system we built. However, we future-proofed the system by installing a switching unit ready for his next battery upgrade.
We installed The following Fully Integrated Solution:
- By utilising the small solar panels, it meant we could maximise the power generation capacity within the space constraints
- To protect the health of the current RV battery, and the Drone’s battery
- To enable the drone, cameras and laptops could be plugged into a standard 3 point plug
- It acts as a fuel gauge for the battery, ensuring that Brian knows how much battery power he has.
- The Mains Charger effectively gives Brian two sources of power. Solar and the ability to plug into mains power when needed or convenient to do so.
- Enables Brian to change power sources with ease.